Dan trained and started his career with a north-west based firm, specialising in employment law. He then moved on to join the leading Manchester based employment practice of a major
international law firm.
Dan was promoted to partnership just 4 years after joining the firm in 2008. In 2009, Dan was shortlisted for the north-west Young Lawyer of the Year award and has recently been listed as a
leading individual within the north-west by legal directory Legal 500.
Dan advises on the full range of employment issues and has acted for many household names, who trust him to advise on their key projects and sensitive employment law issues. Dan is equally
comfortable providing strategic advice to board members, providing highly technical advice to inhouse counsel, or when assisting operational managers on employee issues within their business
Dan has a particular specialism advising on TUPE issues, including outsourcing and insourcing.
Examples of Dan's experience:
- Advising one of the world's largest private chemicals company on the full range of its employment issues, including strategic projects, sensitive terminations, discrimination allegations, pension
change projects, restructuring projects and TUPE transfers;
- Advising a global travel plc on the restructuring of its overseas operations, which required coordinating advice in multiple jurisdictions and subsequently advising on sensitive UK and overseas
- Successfully defending a multi national plc manufacturing client against sensitive race discrimination allegations;
- Successfully resisting an Interim Relief Application following the dismissal of a lead trade union figure at a global manufacturer;
- Advising a global manufacturing client on the employment law implications of acquiring a competitor and subsequently rationalising the UK business, which involved closing one UK site;
- Advising a global utilities organisation on the employment law implications of outsourcing its national facilities management service, involving the transfer of hundreds of employees;
- Acting for a series of senior executives departing a global healthcare giant, including the negotiation and finalisation of exit packages and compromise agreements;
- Advising upon the strategy and practical implementation of one of the largest mergers of the past decade in the European travel industry.